LA Times: Nash An “Impassive Cadaverous Man” In 1982

During his 1982 arson trial, Eddie Nash looked like an emotionless corpse.

It had been a rough couple of years for Ed. Addiction and womanizing had ruined his marriage to Jeanna, his high school cheerleader bride. When they married in 1972, he was 44 and she was 21. They divorced in August of ’81. A month before the divorce was final, the Wonderland Gang pulled their home invasion job and the rest is history. You won’t hear Eddie reminiscing about the summer of ’81.

Read on…

Eddie Nash, early 1980s.

Eddie Nash, circa 1980s.


Eddie Nash: The Odyssey’s Owner a Legendary Criminal

To understand a bit more about what forces were behind the Odyssey and nightclubbing in L.A. in the 70s and 80s, consider the club’s owner: None other than Eddie Nash, the man known ultimately for his role in the “Wonderland murders” and a local legend as a drug dealer and gangster. In fact, for many, many years, Nash (born Adel Gharib Nasrallah in Palestine) was considered one of the richest and most powerful drug dealers and criminals operating on the West Coast.

Ed's front door on Dona Lola Place in Studio City, 1980s.

Ed’s front door on Dona Lola Place in Studio City, 1980s.

Nash owned several clubs in L.A. at the time, including the Starwood Club in West Hollywood, the Soul’d Out club in Hollywood, Paradise Ballroom, the Seven Seas, Ali Baba’s and The Kit Kat strip club. (The last piece of club real estate he owned he gave up only recently; the Seven Seas is in a building on Hollywood Boulevard that is now converted to retail space and houses an outpost of the clothing chain Zara.)

One of the schemes Nash was associated with was arson-for-profit; a government informant linked him to the crimes, but in June 1982, Nash was acquitted. He also seemed just mildly inconvenienced by the ensuing trial.

From the L.A. Times:

Nash, an impassive cadaverous man who frequently dozed off in the courtroom, sprang to his feet, smiled and waved at the jury after the verdicts were read by U.S. District Judge Matt Byrne. Asked later how he felt, Nash said, “All I want to do is get out of here.”